Alarm systems have many components that can fail or lose effectiveness over time. SDi Fire can provide you with alarm component testers to make sure your alarms don’t degrade and make sure they are operating properly.Over time alarm components can corrode and become contaminated with dirt and various other contaminants. An essential part of fire safety is making sure that these components continue to work the way they should. Our alarm component testers are extremely accurate and can help make sure your systems are working at peak efficiency. When adhering to fire safety regulations you have to stay on top of your alarm systems. SDi Fire has the products to help you with testing your alarm components.
Cell Checker is ideal for testing fire and security alarm systems. Using pulse load technology it provides a comprehensive test of a battery’s state of charge and condition. Battery voltage alone is not a reliable parameter for determining remaining capacity and condition; it also does not indicate whether the battery will be able to deliver power when placed under load. Rather than simply displaying a voltage reading, Cell Checker determines a battery’s remaining power capacity by measuring its ability to maintain voltage levels while under load.
- Tests battery condition – quickly and easily identifies weak or failing batteries
- Simple to operate, genuine Pulse Load testing with test results in 15 seconds
- Tests 2-volt, 4-volt, 6-volt, 8-volt or 12-volt batteries up to 200AH
- Tests SLA batteries
- Tests battery performance – not just voltage/internal resistance
dB Checker is ideal for measuring the sound pressure levels for audible alarm notification appliances as mandated by the National Fire Alarm & Signaling Code. Merely “listening” or utilizing any sound level meter available is not a reliable method of testing audible alarm notification appliances. Many of the meters currently on the market do not meet the requirements for NFPA 72. dB Checker conforms to ANSI S1.4a, which is required to meet the standard set forth in the latest edition of the National Fire Alarm Code. Two models are available to support either A frequency weighting (dB02) or A to C frequency rating (dB01).
- Easy to use & designed to meet the requirements of Life Safety Engineers
- Meets ANSI S1.4a Type 2 and IEC651 Type 2 standards (Required by NFPA 72)
- Large back-lit LCD plus analog bar graph
- Wide input frequency range with “A” weighting (dB02)
- A or C frequency weighting (dB01)
Duct Checker is the ideal device for annual testing to ensure that the duct detector will sample the differential pressure via the sampling tubes, as required by NFPA 72. According to NFPA Chapter 14, “duct smoke detectors utilizing sampling tubes shall be tested by verifying the correct pressure differential between the inlet and exhaust tubes using a method acceptable to the manufacturer to ensure that the device will properly sample the airstream.” Duct Checker is manufacturer approved, easy to use, and ensures accurate results.
- Ideal for maintenance of fire and security alarm systems
- Easy to use
- Portable, battery operated device
- Meets NFPA 72 Chapter 14 (188.8.131.52 14g 1/6/5) & CAN/ULC S536-04, 184.108.40.206.1
- Accepted test device for annual testing of pressure and air sampling ability of duct detectors
- Includes hard case and sampling tube plugs
Power Checker provides a comprehensive means of testing the state of charge or state of power for more than 30 battery types. This microprocessor -controlled instrument is designed for commercial or home use and tests popular primary (non-rechargeable) and rechargeable batteries using a patented, high accuracy pulse load test. After a fully automatic test cycle, percentage of remaining battery capacity is indicated on the LED bar display. Battery types are clearly labelled next to appropriate contacts. The negative test lead/probe conveniently stores in seam at side. It’ s easy to use, and test results are easy to
understand. Tests NiMH, Li-Ion, alkaline, lithium, coin cell, button type and more.
- Accurate pulse load testing
- Ideal for wireless detectors
- Computes state of charge (SoC) for more than 40 battery types
- Easy to use – no switches or settings
- Test battery condition – quickly and easily identifies weak or failing batteries
AV Checker is the ideal device for annual testing to ensure that the duct detector will sample the air velocity as required by NFPA 72, and according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensures duct detector will sample the air velocity correctly
- Easy to use
- Includes custom hard case
- Digital Thermometer function
- Conforms to NFPA 72
- Meets CAN/ULC S536-04,220.127.116.11.1